Contact: Dino Hayz (director) at DinoHayz@gmail.com
The Quad Cities Penguin Project proudly announces the return of our Penguins to the stage with our production of Disney’s High School Musical Jr. Rehearsals will begin at The Center for Living Arts starting in September 2022 and culminate with three performances at the Brunner Theatre Center on the campus of Augustana College on the last weekend of January 2023.
• The total number of participants will be limited to no more than 60 performers (30 artists and 30 peer mentors).
• The age range for our participants this year will be from 12 to 23.
Goals of Project
1) To provide an opportunity for children with special needs to develop creative skills related to the theater arts
2) To provide an opportunity for children with special needs to participate in a community theater experience
3) To facilitate interaction between children with special needs and their age-level peers through joint participation in a community theater experience
4) To facilitate an appreciation of the challenges faced by children with special needs and their families
5) To identify the impact of a community theater experience on the communication skills, socialization, and self confidence/self esteem of children with special needs
6) To facilitate interaction among medical, developmental, educational, and theater professionals through participation in a common community project
7) To provide a forum for support and interaction for families of children with special needs.